Monday, April 13, 2015

1st Shot of Lupron

Just did my first Lupron shot! It hurt so bad that I cried. I don't understand why it hurt, some ladies that I talk to say it didn't or it just itched. It hurt for about 4 minutes and then it started to itch. My husband thought I was kidding at first because I love shots but it was so painful. It was not the shot that hurt but the medication going inside that was hurting. It has to be refrigerated so maybe its because its cold and that's what I felt but I don't know the real reason but I have 10 more days to go. 
Wish me luck!!! I want this so bad so I will take any pain to have a baby. 
                                                                                                                                                       

I got some excited news today after she explained the schedule to us. If everything goes well and on schedule we will know if we are pregnant by MAY 21! 
We can't wait!!!
                                                                                                                                                           


Side Effects- 
  • Headache, mood changes, mild depression, or unusual tiredness
  • Hot flashes or sweating
  • Pain, itching, burning, rash, or swelling where the shot was given
  • Trouble sleeping
  • And More

2 comments :

  1. Try icing down the spot you are going to do the shot in for a couple of minutes this will numb the area and you wont feel the injection. Or maybe try (after you load the syringe) letting it sit for a few minutes? Maybe if it's not quite so cold it won't hurt quite so bad. Wishing you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I will try that tomorrow! I have 3 days left.

      Delete